RSS

Review: Coffee and Tea while pregnant - try this!

I am not a medical professional - you should always consult with a medical professional before making any changes in your diet.


Are you pregnant and love your coffee and/or tea? Will giving up that morning routine be hard on you? Will getting exercise in the morning to wake you up instead not be something you will have time for or the ability to do? Well do I have a review for you! First please take a moment to read my important coffee and tea article before continuing.

So, now I am sure you are wondering why I would be reviewing a coffee/tea company. The answer is simple: I want to provide all my readers with as much help on their 9 month journey with their growing unborn child. I want your journey to be a happy and healthy one for both you and your unborn child.

First off, I am not much of a coffee drinker - and that is a very important message to you coffee lovers. I personally do not care for the taste of most coffee products out there. My favorite and generally only coffee product that I drink is a Java Chip Frappachino from Star Bucks - to me that is like a nice gourmet slice of chocolate cheesecake! Yummy - So, you could imaging the idea of giving up my once a month treat was not an easy one - but with the exception of two encounters at a local Star Bucks I made the sacrifice. And, even on those two encounters I shared the lovely drink with my husband as not to get to much caffeine. And, yes I felt so guilty that that whole day and next day I worried if my baby was going to be OK. Sounds a bit much, I know - but in life I have found even the smallest choices can turn out to be the ones that can come back on me the hardest.

And, so I took a "healthier for you" coffee challenge (no I am not pregnant, but I am breastfeeding my 5 month old) courtesy of Lisa, from healthydrinkandmore.com. I tried the Gourmet Latté Coffee and I really loved it! One of the best things I liked about it was how smooth it was and most importantly I wasn't left with a harsh aftertaste that just stuck around. I found the taste very pleasant and the strength not to strong and not weak at all. I can defiantly recommend this coffee for anyone who loves coffee or even for those who are a light coffee drinker like me.

This coffee I tried today was individually packaged by serving size to help assure freshness and you can even take it on the go with you. So, when you are at work or just out - you can just add to hot water and enjoy! And for light casual drinkers like myself, you can just make a fresh cup when you wish to have one.

What about the caffeine?
OG coffee contains less caffeine than decaf coffee, the Ganoderma mushroom is the source of natural, organic energy. Wow, who would've thought that you can get your coffee from something better and healthier for you than coffee beans! So, now you can replace your coffee for something you would think was your coffee and feel better about your body and how your unborn baby is doing.

More reasons to switch - Did you know that Ganoderma is actually healthy for you and your unborn baby?! I was a little surprised myself by the research I have done. Why not read for yourself:

More information on Ganoderma:
Can I take Ganoderma during pregnancy?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganoderma
Is ganoderma good for pregnent lady?

6 comments:

Allie said...

I love Starbucks Frapps! You should try the Raspberry Mocha Chip frappuccino! It is amazing!

Literary Winner said...

Very interesting. I'm hoping to become pregnant this summer and am trying to cut down on caffeine now. The heat makes it easy but decaf tastes icky. This is something I'll have to check out!


Maggie at tethered mommy dot com
www.tetheredmommy.com

Anonymous said...

Check out my face book page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Healthy-Organic-Coffee-and-Green-Tea/106212952742269

and my web sight www.healthydrinkandmore.com

ThinkFeminist said...

Following from MBC/FF, you can find me at www.safehomehappymom.com and www.musingsofanarmywife.blogspot.com

Andria said...

Hey mama, congrats on the pregnancy! Thanks for following my blog (im following back :) Very interesting post BTW.

Joanan said...

Hi,
I'm following from MBC.

Joanna
http://joannaslife.com

Post a Comment